Skip to main content

Former Governor asks Yoruba leaders to stop threatening Fulani Herdsmen

Gov. Rabiu Kwankwaso commissions housing scheme 
The Kano State ex-Governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso, while speaking to newsmen at Ibadan, said asking the Fulani herdsmen to leave the South-West, is not the solution.

Sun Newspapers reports that Kwankwaso said “It  is not only peculiar to the South-West. We just have to have a lot of understanding of the situation. Some of the issues being raised by the people, especially politicians, do not help anybody. If you sack the Fulani from here or you fight them, maybe it is because you are here. If you are a Yoruba man based in Kano, I don’t think you can contemplate sacking the Fulani. I am from Kano, but right now, I am in Ibadan. Where you are is your home. Today, Ibadan is my home. God forbid, if something bad happens here, it will affect me. If it happens in my village, I am not there; they won’t see me.”
He also said “I am Fulani. My parents settled many years ago. My father went to school and I have been to school. My children have gone to school. Now, I don’t think I will get cattle and go into a forest; that is education for you.”
“I want people to go round Nigeria to know that everybody has got land. It is good for people to go round, at least, this country or beyond to realise that Nigerians are Nigerians; everybody comes from somewhere. But it is good for us to go round to see other places, to understand them, interact with them so that we can have a very peaceful Nigeria. This is what we are working for. So, when you see those people making the threats in the South-West, advise them to shut up,” Kwankwaso added.
You will recall that the Yoruba Council of Elders issued an ultimatum banning Fulani Herdsmen from the South-West.

source: Sun


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Little girl suffers severe burns after transformer explodes at Lagos bus-stop

12 year old Adetayo Adefarasin, a student of Government Junior College, Epe, suffered severe burns to her face, chest, arm and legs after a faulty transformer exploded along Broad street, Lagos as she was trying to board a bus while returning from church on September 20th.

ISIS executes man by running him over with armoured tank

My goodness! Everyday these terrorists look for more barbaric ways to kill people. But why not run, why stand there and wait for an armoured tank to crush you? The worst they will do is shoot you dead if you keep running...and is that not better than this? The photos are horrific. Continue...

Father cradles, kisses his dead 3yr old killed in Israeli airstrike

A Palestinian father cradled, kissed and cried as he said goodbye to his 3 year old daughter, Rahaf who was killed alongside her pregnant 30-year-old mum, Noor Hassan in an Israeli air strike near Gaza City, on Sunday, October 11, when their house collapsed. The Israeli army said that its planes were targeting two Hamas weapons-manufacturing sites in the area and not civilians. The mother and child were buried today. See more photos after the cut